Amazon’s outdoor sports products make up to $75 billion in annual revenue

Amazon’s outdoor sports products make up to $75 billion in annual revenue

In the past two years, due to the emergence of mutated strains of the new coronavirus, the global epidemic has shown a capricious trend. However, with the deepening of global research on the new coronavirus, some countries in Europe and North America have gradually relaxed policy restrictions on the epidemic.

Under the influence of the epidemic, people around the world have further realized the importance of health, and people’s enthusiasm for outdoor sports and physical exercise has increased. On the whole, the outdoor sports market in Europe and the United States is in a leading position in the world, and the market demand for outdoor sports goods continues to be stable.

For European and American countries, during the epidemic period, the government issued epidemic subsidies to promote residents’ consumption, which to a certain extent promoted the development of the outdoor industry. At the same time, the increase in the penetration rate of e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, eBay, and Wish has also driven the rapid development of the outdoor products industry in Europe and the United States.

Amazon’s outdoor sports products make up to $75 billion in annual revenue

According to the guide, Amazon’s sports and the outdoor segment is on the rise, with an annual growth rate of 10.03%, and the market size is expected to reach $99.86 billion by 2025.

In 2021, Amazon’s sports and outdoor revenue is $4.8 billion, with about 50 top brands accounting for 35% of the market, and the remaining (about 2,000) brands occupying the remaining 65% of the market.

Under the influence of the epidemic, people began to exercise at home, and the sports and outdoor industries also benefited. Sales in the basketball accessories category peaked at more than $50,000 in June 2020 and barely exceeded $10,000 in June 2019.

According to Business Wire, sales of fitness equipment generally increased by 170% during the lockdowns caused by the ravages of the new coronavirus, which is also the period that strengthened Amazon’s overall position in the market.

In addition, Profit Whales conducted a precise data analysis of 5,000 sports and outdoor products based on BSR principles and found that the average number of reviews for these products is 4,500, while the average cost of each product is only $21. Since the number of product reviews depends heavily on advertising and visual content, the guide also includes analysis and recommendations for related product photography, PPC advertising, and cross-channel marketing.

Outdoor Mini Ceiling Fan

Some of the points worth paying attention to for sellers are as follows:

  • Bowflex was the most popular brand with a high revenue of $59,141,349;
  • The top-performing keyword was “weights,” with a PPC bid of $1.45 and 283,138 monthly searches;
  •   The PPC bid is $0.87, the average CPC price for brand consulting is $0.55, and the monthly advertising cost is generally $235;
  •   Pinterest sports product search keywords: Gift for under $50/dogs/kids/runners.

The development of Amazon sports and outdoor products is inseparable from the efforts of Chinese sellers. During the epidemic, sellers from production areas such as China provided a large number of high-quality and low-cost outdoor products, which further promoted the growth of the outdoor sports market.

According to the data of the China Research Institute of Industrial Research, the global outdoor products industry revenue in 2020 will be nearly 160 billion US dollars, a year-on-year increase of 28.33%, and it is expected to reach 236.34 billion US dollars by 2025, with a compound annual growth rate of about 6.86% from 2021 to 2025.  

While the global outdoor sports market is booming, some outdoor sellers have also handed in satisfactory answers. Mainly include automatic inflatable cushions, inflatable beds, outdoor luggage, headrest cushions, etc.

Picture of Helen Chen

Helen Chen

Author: CO-Founder of GCC
Hi, I'm Helen. Welcome to our website. I have worked in the this industry for over 10 years. I hope we could write all about Consumer Electronics and Gifts that we know, and teach you for free here. Hoping we could help you to better understand more about this industry, so you could avoid some risks when importing from China.

More Posts


Dear gifted customers, We will be in holiday Feb 4-20, and get back to work on Feb 21, 2024.Thank you for the support of new

Read More »

Ask For A Quick Quote

We will contact you within 1 working day, please pay attention to the email with the suffix “”